We’ve got an action-packed newsletter for you all this month, with a number of exciting local events and announcements.
- Friday 6th May (7pm) features a live Harp Concert at St. Paul’s Church (a great venue, acoustically, too!)
- Saturday 7th May (7.30pm) has a Fashion Show Event at the community centre. Come along for some refreshments and bargain clothes, modelled by some of the locals!
- Sunday 8th May has the new ‘Board Game Church’ at St. Paul’s Church. Everybody welcome!
- The next Cafe on the Green is on 14th May (10am – 12pm). Come and get some locally made cakes and refreshments while meeting the friendly local folk!
- The annual general meetings for both the Community Centre and the Local History Society are on 19th May (both at the Community Centre straight after each other so it’ll be easy to attend both if you like!)
- 21st May is the rescheduled Chartist Celebrations: Arise! Rebels with a Cause. The event celebrates the Chartist movement’s Chester Green meeting which aimed to give the working classes political rights and influence, which emerged in 1836 and was most active between 1838 and 1848.
There’s much to do in June, too, with the Chester Green well dressing, the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations and a day of Theatre.
All the above, and more, in this month’s newsletter!