Including details on:
- Aida Bliss factory
- Speed Hump Scheme
- The Queen’s Birthday Bash on the Green 🙂
- Little Chester Heritage Centre and Local History Group
- Cafe Create
- The Methodist and St. Paul’s Church events
- St. Paul’s Pre-School Playgroup
- The Duck Race
- A reminder of our community
Comments and discussion always welcome!
LCRA Newsletter May 2016
Our March newsletter is here, hot off the press (printed versions being distributed soon!) Details include:
- News of Chester Green’s Queen’s birthday celebration – save the date!
- Updates on speed humps, flood defences and trees!
- Latest events from the history society, our two churches and the Community Centre
- News of hopefully cheaper flood insurance from April (a reinstatement of a national scheme that ended a few years ago).
- and more!
Click below for the all the details!
LCRA March Newsletter
You’ll have had this delivered well before now, but in case you’ve lost it, here’s a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Additions to this are:
- The speed hump traffic calming scheme got approved, with a voting turn out of 38% (even with paid envelopes included with every form sent to residents!) and 72% for and 28% against.
- More archeological digs going on in Chester Green – for more details click this link.
LCRA February 2016 Newsletter
As always, and slightly late, is the electronic version of this month’s newsletter giving details of everything going on in our wonderful Chester Green this December. See below:
LCRA December 2015 Newsletter
However, there is more exciting news which you will have seen on our facebook page, and in the media in that the Cathedral is planning on opening a secondary school in DE1 (i.e. near the Cathedral). This is a VERY exciting proposition for us in Chester Green with, finally, someone acknowledging that there won’t be enough school places for our kids. Please spread the word, and register your interest at the site below. More details on the site below:
This month’s newsletter is linked below. Details on the Free Community Centre Disco, Little Chester Heritage Centre, Methodist and C of E Church events and an update on speeding, flood defence work and the Barnados Big Toddle, among other things!
LCRA July Newsletter
The March newsletter is in. More flood defence details, and all the usual local news and info! View is by clicking the link below.
LCRA March 2015 Newsletter
The November newsletter with some great news. We have managed to get St. Paul’s C of E Church added to the list of churches recognised by Walter Evans C of E Primary school in Darley Abbey giving children in the area a potentially higher priority than others outside the catchment area. Walter Evans’ sibling policy also means that once you’ve got one child in, the rest are guaranteed a place (this does not happen at any other school in Derby, and has caused families in the local area much pain and frustration in the past).
Also, on Sunday evening at 7pm at St. Paul’s Church is a Chester Green Remembers 1914-18 evening – A Tribute to the men of Chester Green who gave their lives in the Great War. It’s free and features music, poetry and drama based around the Great War and promises to be a busy and great event. A collection will be held in aid of Combat Stress mental health charity and the Open Road will be there, who have just released a single in aid of the Poppy Appeal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtq5fEIlLcQ).
Lots of other info in this weeks packed newsletter, so take a look 🙂
LCRA November Newsletter
This month : are we to lose the community centre garden? The mystery of the Camp Street mound; have you lost a cat? Details on the St. Paul’s plant sale; Awards for our smallest local pub; History group and heritage centre details; More charity work from the Coach and horses, and details of up-coming events at our churches and community centre….phew….and all in one sheet of (virtual) A4!
LCRA May 2014 Newsletter
Come and join us for the first of our 2014 meetings on Thurs Feb 20th
– a talk by Mike Galer from Derby Museum on ‘Derbyshire Yeomanry in the First World War’ WW1 is a subject very dear important to us, as it affected so many of our families.
We meet in Chester Green Community Centre, Old Chester Road, Derby at 7.30pm.
Annual subscription £6.
For further information Tel. 01332 559615