Here’s this month’s newsletter. Electronic only, again, I’m afraid, so please share!
I couldn’t fit this in the newsletter this month (although perhaps sticking to two pages when it is not being printed isn’t really important!), so first, now the kids are properly off for the summer, here are some suggestions of things to do from the Chester Green Events Team:
School Out for Summer!!!
10 Things to do with the kids…
- Have a go at the Chester Green Treasure Hunt https://tinyurl.com/CGTreasureHunt
- Build a Scarecrow for the Scarecrow Festival (Aug 29th, 30th, 31st)
- Have a Clear-Out and donate to the Community Swap Shop @24 St Paul’s Rd (or set up a stall outside your house)
- Discover new paths around Darley Park (map – https://www.derbyconnected.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Darley-Park-Walk.pdf)
- Take part in the Summer Reading Challenge https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
- Visit a Museum (https://www.derbymuseums.org/)
- Visit the Quad (https://www.derbyquad.co.uk/)
- Go Geocaching (https://www.geocaching.com/play)
- Set up a Camp – in your garden/bedroom/house
- Visit Elvaston Castle (https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/countryside/countryside-sites/country-parks-and-visitor-centres/elvaston/elvaston-castle-country-park.aspx)
In this month’s newsletter, there are the latest updates on the Aida/Bliss Factory development and Chester Green’s Scarecrow Trail. Also, there’s a family bike ride planned for early September and sad news about the passing of Joan D’arcy, historian, friend, and fellow Residents’ Association board member since its inception.